Keyword Driven Automation using an open source solution – Selenesse (A bridge between Selenium and FitNesse)
Every project team desires to have their tests automated, but there are several challenges like:
1. Limited automation resources.
2. Difficult to share automation reports.
3. Designing and implementing the right automation scripting framework.
4. Difficult to maintain the framework.
5. Difficult for End Users and Business Analysts to understand and / or analyze the scripts.
A solution addressing most of the issues above is difficult to implement. Open source library – Selenesse attempts to do it and with some success. It creates a bridge between Selenium (an open source web testing tool) and FitNesse (an open source Acceptance testing framework).
In this session, we will look at:
1. Set up the framework using Selenesse, FitNesse and Selenium.
2. How to create simple tests using this framework.
3. How to create scenario’s in FitNesse that can be used by end Users or BAs.
4. How to extend the Selenesse library to add functionality.