To maximize business transactions over mobile services, it is essential to ensure optimal performance and user experience regardless of the type of his handset, operating system, geographical location and network service provider. To achieve this, innovative testing techniques are required to be implemented to ensure service quality and compatibility across various mobile devices.
However, due to the lack of standardization, availability of sample testing devices along with the variety of screen sizes and resolutions, operating systems and versions, it is nearly impossible for the developers and testers to maintain a decent performance level for the end application. To add to this, there are two major challenges to be handled: the dynamic nature of the mobile market, and the ability to quickly and cost -effectively respond to such a rapidly changing market.
The only available and feasible solution in such scenarios is to use a cloud-based testing approach for mobile applications which is capable of meeting the above challenges. This innovative approach offers Web-based access to a large pool of real handsets and devices connected to live networks spread globally, providing enterprises with end-to-end control for manual and automated testing practices.
Implementing a cloud-based testing approach with agile testing methodologies for mobile applications is the need of the hour to quickly and cost-effectively respond to rapidly changing markets, with a satisfactory level of service quality and compatibility maintained across the wide variety of available mobile devices.
This session will look at
- Traditional Testing techniques for Mobile Apps in brief
- Limitations of Traditional Testing techniques for Mobile Apps
- Emerging Trends to overcome the limitations
- How Cloud based approach will be helpful
- General Cloud based testing and Cloud based Testing for Mobile Applications
- Types of Cloud Based Testing for Mobile Applications
- Main Features of the Cloud-based Testing for Mobile Apps
- Advantages and Challenges in Cloud Based Testing for Mobile Apps
- Future Scope – Mobile Cloud Automation